6th Central and East Europe Program
The Akebono Scholarship will hold an program for those who are motivated to study in Japan . In this program, we will conduct selection in English and determine the quasi-scholarship recipients. Those who are selected as quasi-scholarship recipients will be chosen as scholarship recipients after passing the designated Japanese language proficiency test within two year and conducting a final interview check.
In addition, we will integrate Japanese program and English program.
1. Scholarship Overview
A. Full scholarship
(1) Monthly stipend: Maximum 200,000 JPY/month
1. This stipend is including rent and living expenses, travel expenses required for coming to Japan, and expenses recognized as necessary for creating a conducive learning environment.
2. You must submit a detailed expense report to receive the mentioned amount.
3. This scholarship cannot be combined with other scholarships.
4. We offer career support both before and after your arrival in Japan.
(2) Stipend period: 2years. However, the period is subject to change depending on the program’s start and end dates.
(3) A maximum of 2 full scholarship recipients will be selected.
B. Supported scholarship
(1) Monthly stipend: 20,000 JPY/month
1. You must submit a detailed expense report to receive the mentioned amount.
2. This scholarship can be combined with other scholarships.
3. We offer career support both before and after your arrival in Japan.
(2) Stipend period: 2years.
The eligible period for this scholarship program is the 2 years during your stay in Japan after arriving.
(3) A maximum of 10 supported scholarship recipients will be selected.
2. Eligibility for Application
Applicants who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- Individuals who can live and study in Japan as scholarship recipients and have a strong desire to learn.
- Individuals who have the ability to live comfortably in Japanese before coming to Japan..
- Individuals who hold the nationality of one of the following countries and are currently residing in that country for study or other reasons:
Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova, and Croatia.
(This includes those who hold the nationality of one of the above-mentioned countries but are currently residing in another country for reasons such as studying abroad.)
- Individuals who are 15 to 30 years old as of May 1, 2023.
3. Recruitment Overview
(1) Recruitment Schedule
First selection (documentary screening): Applications due by 8:00 AM on October 31, 2023 (Tue.)
Announcement of the first selection results: 6:00 PM on November 10, 2023 (Fri.)
Second selection (video screening): Applications due by 8:00 AM on November 30, 2023 (Thu.)
Announcement of the second selection results: 6:00 PM on December 15, 2023 (Fri.)
Third selection (interview): January to February 2024
Announcement of the third selection results: February 29, 2024 (Thu.)
*All times are in Japan Standard Time.
4. Application Method
(1) Applicants should register necessary information on the form provided on the foundation’s website and submit their application in English within 900 letters along with the theme mentioned below. Please note that the application should be submitted by the applicant themselves.
Application page: https://forms.gle/ARz2LZrYgRFDbDm96
*Google login is required.
[Theme] What you want to do with your life and what you would like to study in Japan to achieve that.
*Please include why you need to learn in Japan and how you plan to utilize what you have learned in your home country. Please provide as much detail as possible.
Furthermore, studying with the primary purpose of improving Japanese language skills is not eligible.
(2) About Exemption from the First Screening
Applicants with the following achievements or experiences will be exempt from the Primary screening:
・A recommendation from a Japanese individual regarding Japanese language proficiency.
・JLPT N1 or N2 certification.
・Successful acceptance of other scholarships such as MEXT scholarships, and similar achievements.
5. After the Screening
Applicants who have demonstrated proficiency in Japanese and successfully passed all evaluations will have a direct meeting with our foundation to discuss the Japanese study program and the schedule for coming to Japan. After the meeting, taking into consideration the visit schedule, program adjustments, visa acquisition, and other factors, the final decision regarding the scholarship amount and educational program will be made.
Akebono Scholarship, Japan Office
1-8-2 Shintomi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0041, Japan (Within Tokiwa Research Corporation)